Monday 5 September 2016

Horror movie Posters

Here are some horror movie posters that I have found to help us when we come to plan how we are going to film our preliminary task. I thought that it would be good to see how some professional film posters present themselves and how they convey the theme of horror.

Image result for horror movies postersImage result for horror movies postersImage result for the wig poster

For The Scream poster, it is clear to see that the woman on the front is the victim or one of the victims in the movie. This then suggests that the movie is more of a thrasher/real life horror rather than a supernatural one. The close up of her face shows is effective in showing her emotions and this is definitely something that we will use in our trailer.
The Friday 13th poster shows the killer in a dark/eerie lighting. This is good for showing the horror aspect and makes it clear that he is the killer. Additionally, the scene has been set by the trees in the back, and as we intent to use outdoor / alley as one of our shots, it gives us a good idea on how to position our killer in the trailer.
Finally, the last poster is of a Korean horror film called The Wig. The reason I decided to include this poster is because it inspired me on how I shall look when I play the character of the ghost/spirit. The film (similar to the original ring movie) has its villain as a young girl with long dark hair covering its face. This is really effective when it comes to horror and the supernatural aspect of the theme. As I have long hair, I will most likely be using this to my advantage to easily look scarier.

No comments:

Post a Comment